Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas past

After my parents divorced, all of our Christmas traditions went out the window. So, my freshman year of high school was our first Christmas not as a family. I lost the feeling and joy of Christmas. It was just another day where people were worried about shopping.

It saddened me because I had loved Christmas as a child. All of our family was there, who lived in-state. We would open presents, watch movies, eat lots of food, make cookies. Some of my fondest memories of my grandparents are from Christmas past. Then it all changed.

All through high school, my "theme song" seemed to be "Where are you Christmas" because I was so lost on what the purpose of all the joy of the season. But just last year, I finally found it.

I began taking lessons from the missionaries and I knew, I had found the joy and reason for Christmas. I was baptized December 18th 2010 into the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was so happy every day of December that I had found Christ.

And I know we all can get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday, but remember, the best things in life are not things. Try writing down on a piece of paper what this time of year means to you and why.
Merry Christmas!

<3 Crafty Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment